Cannabis is a legitimate medicine, but not enough healthcare professionals know how or when to use it as a treatment.
In Green Flower's Medical Cannabis Certificate Program, you'll learn the effects of cannabis on human physiology and how it can be used to treat numerous medical issues.
This program was designed alongside the world's leading cannabis MD's, scientists, researchers, and health practitioners to help healthcare practitioners like you gain a comprehensive scientific understanding of cannabis and how the plant interacts with the human body. You will learn the most recent scientific findings on cannabis and the evidence that supports its use as a legitimate medical treatment.
A Depth of Knowledge You Can't Find Anywhere Else
The Program Covers A Variety Of Topics, Including:
- History of medical cannabis
- Applications of CBD
- Cannabis mechanisms of action
- Cannabis strategies for different demographics & populations
- The Endocannabinoid system
- Side-effects and risks of consumption
- Medical cannabis for different diseases and ailments
- Cannabis research
- Cannabis and Psychiatry
- Evidence-based practice
- Proper dosing
- Legal implications for medical cannabis practitioners
- Tracking cannabis use
The Medical Cannabis Program covers these topics in detail, taught by some of the world's leading cannabis professionals. Additionally, our experts will use their deep cannabis industry experience to impart valuable tips and guidance to help you flourish in this blossoming new industry in a variety of positions, including:
- Medical Cannabis Doctor
- Cannabis Researcher
- Director of Production
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Cannabis Certifying Physician
- Medical Administrative Manager
- Head Of Dispensary Operations
- Clinic Manager
- Pharmacy Consultant
- Cannabis Sports Nutritionist
Complete The Course 100% Online, From Anywhere In The World!
The Program Includes:
You'll be contributing to one of the most meaningful & fastest-growing industries on the planet.
Cannabis has been successfully used to treat a variety of medical issues including pain, muscle spasms, insomnia, nausea from cancer and chemotherapy, seizures, inflammation, and loss of appetite. Currently, cannabis is cleared for medical use in 22 countries and 33 states in the US. This number is only going to grow as patient outcry for a safe alternative to prescription drugs increases.
MEET THE INSTRUCTORS
Dr. Michael Tagen
Cannabis Pharmacology Expert
David Bearman, MD
Certified Cannabinoid Medicine Specialist
Martha 'Muffy' Montemayor, CNC
Founder, Healthy Choices Unlimited
Dr. Jose Franceschini
Dr. Jack McCue
"Green Flower is a wonderful tool that has helped us gain a much deeper understanding of the history, science, and benefits of cannabis as a medicine. Highly recommended for both individuals and teams looking for the highest quality cannabis education and training!"
"Green Flower Programs are immensely valuable to the cannabis industry. Even as an industry expert, I learned some things I didn't know before, deepened my knowledge in certain areas, and loved the learning process with all the videos, interactive materials, and quizzes. Whether you are looking to enter the industry or grow as a leader in your company, I recommend everyone go through this invaluable online cannabis training."
"We had people on our team who were new to cannabis and many who are experts. Everyone learned something! Now, as a business, we all have a set level of understanding of cannabis and its history."
HISTORY OF MEDICAL CANNABIS
- Examine the earliest historical proof of medical cannabis in ancient civilizations
- Identify reasons why the use of medicinal cannabis declined in the early 20th century
- Explore significant scientific research on cannabis that occurred in the second half of the 20th century
- Discuss the current resurgence of cannabis in medicine as it regains acceptance by mainstream society
THE ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM
- Discuss a brief history of medical cannabis research to assess the safety and efficacy of cannabis as a medicine
- Explore research on the endocannabinoid system (ECS) and the different cannabinoid receptors that promote therapeutic value
- Examine cannabis related studies that explore the safety and dangers of prescription and illicit drug use
- Review developments into the psychoactivity and psycho-toxicity of medicinal cannabis
ROUTES OF ADMINISTRATION
- Identify cannabis consumption methods and route of administration for medical patients
- Analyze differences in onset and duration times depending on route of cannabis administration
- Learn dosing and administration routes to optimize patient outcomes
- Know how to advise patient care and counsel on how to self-titrate
MEDICAL CANNABIS RESEARCH
- Discuss the reliability of medical cannabis research to assess the safety and efficacy of cannabis as medicine
- Examine evidence based medicine approaches that support the therapeutic use of cannabis
- Recall state of the art research in cannabis compounds for treating various medical conditions
- Review future developments into new ways to reshape the cannabis research landscape
PHARMACOKINETICS AND PHARMACODYNAMICS OF CANNABIS
- Describe the pharmacological actions and therapeutic uses of cannabis and cannabinoids
- Explore the pharmacodynamics of cannabis behind THC and cannabidiol as a treatment for multiple conditions
- Examine the pharmacokinetics of CBD and the significance of dosing and routes of administration
- Discuss the synergistic relationship between cannabinoids and terpenes
CANNABIS USE IN PSYCHIATRY
- Discuss medical literature and statistical evidence between cannabis and mental health
- Explore the safety and efficacy of cannabis in treating physical and mental health conditions
- Analyze cannabis as a substitute for both prescription and other illicit drugs
- Identify therapeutic benefits of cannabis use for symptoms associated with neurological disorders
CANNABIS, PAIN, AND NARCOTICS
- Examine the relationship between exo-cannabinoids and endocannabinoids
- Review addiction prevention and using cannabis as a narcotic replacement
- Explore addiction treatment options using CBD and THC to treat patients
- Discover best practices for using cannabis in the treatment of chronic pain, mood disorders, and narcotic use
MEDICAL CANNABIS AND NEURODEGENERATIVE DISORDERS
- Examine benefits of medicinal cannabis in the treatment of patients with Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Describe the endocannabinoid system as our most important neural and immune regulator system
- Explore cannabinoid compounds and the therapeutic benefit for treating symptoms in neurologic diseases
- Discuss research about the beneficial effects of THC for treating symptoms of the underlying disease
CANNABIS AND CANCER
- Examine the health effects of cannabinoids and its effects on cancer
- Review the treatment and prevention of cancer related symptoms
- Explore questions and answers about using cannabis and cannabidiol
- Discover best practices for the treatment of chronic pain and cancer
Everything You Can Expect When You Enroll Today:
- Access to all Green Flower Medical Cannabis learning modules, each is filled with engaging videos and written materials created by the leading cannabis experts.
- Quizzes at the end of every section to help you assess your knowledge and prepare for the final exam.
- Green Flower Customer Support is ready to take care of you, while you complete your course or even after you are finished.
- Interactive forum where you can connect and share knowledge with other professionals from around the world.
- Downloadable references to keep and access anytime
- Invitation to join Green Flower's online community, where we'll help you network with members of the cannabis industry and alert you to opportunities that fit your skill set.
- Upon passing the final exam, you'll receive a Green Flower Certificate that acknowledges your accomplishment and your credibility to the cannabis industry.
About Green Flower
The World's Top Cannabis Experts in One Place
The world's leading cannabis professionals teach our curriculum. The doctors, growers, thought leaders, scientists, and entrepreneurs that are shaping the future of cannabis will help you meet your learning goals.
The Freedom to Learn From Anywhere
Our programs are provided 100% online to give you the freedom to learn from anywhere on your own time.
Green Flower Community
Every student gets access to the Green Flower Community, where you can connect and share with others in the program.
Cost-Effective Industry Leading Training
Getting the training you need to succeed in the industry can be a considerable cost. Green Flower saves you money by providing comprehensive cannabis industry training online, for a fraction of the cost of traveling to training seminars or paying for private classes.
Green Flower training is utilized by many of the cannabis industry's most respected organizations. Earning a Green Flower Certificate will help to separate you from other potential hires, and be a testament to your dedication, knowledge, and credibility for your entire career.