The Cannabis Compliance & Regulations Certificate Program will familiarize you with the laws and regulations that govern the legal cannabis industry in the United States.
This program was developed alongside the world's leading cannabis lawyers and specialists to help you understand which laws apply to cannabis businesses, so you will be able to ensure your organization stays 100% compliant, even as the laws that regulate the industry evolve. You will learn valuable skills that will enable you to keep your organization, your team, and yourself out of trouble as your business matures.
The program will help you develop expertise essential to success in commercial cannabis operations, including:
- Protecting intellectual property
- Banking & accounting for cannabis businesses
- Obtaining real estate for cannabis venture
- Getting insurance for a cannabis business
- Ethics in cannabis
- Federal, state & local compliance
- Investment law
- Regulatory & licensing law
- Industrial hemp operating compliance
- Tax law
- International trade regulations
- Environmental law
- Labor & employment law
- Dispute resolution
Complete the Program 100% Online
Compliance is key.
Legal cannabis is one of the fastest-growing industries in the United States. Medical cannabis sales are projected to grow to $13.3 billion this year, with recreational cannabis ballooning to $11.2 billion.
The opportunities present in cannabis are apparent to entrepreneurs and investors, but the checks and balances that regulate this booming industry remain a mystery to most. Cannabis businesses are desperate for professionals that understand the rules that oversee the industry.
This program will teach you how to mitigate risk to cannabis businesses. A skillset that will make you an asset to any organization you work with.
Who can benefit from taking this program?
Meet the Instructors
CEO of 3C
Chair of Wilson Elser Cannabis Law Practice
Managing Partner and CEO
Founder & CEO
Michael J. Aberle
SVP, CannGen Insurance Services
- Identify the historical perspectives of cannabis including its entry into U.S. Pharmacopeia
- Explore a brief timeline of cannabis regulation and compliance schemes in the second half of the 20th century
- Examine the balance of federal powers and the issue of states rights changing the legal landscape of medical marijuana
- Discuss the legal advent of medicinal and adult use cannabis across mainstream society
- Discuss cannabis law basics and the legalization timeline of cannabis
- Examine the existing framework for state and local regulations of cannabis businesses
- Identify the rules of professional conduct related to the representation of clients in the cannabis industry
- Explore constitutional provisions and specific standards regarding adult use cannabis
- Discuss cannabis law basics and the types of licensing for cannabis businesses
- Examine the existing framework for choosing the best entity for your cannabis business
- Explore specific cannabis compliance standards regarding the legal representation of clients and adult use cannabis
- IdentIfy licensing permitting schemes that affect cannabis businesses
- Discuss the most common types of business entities in the cannabis industry
- Identify the need for protection from personal liability and claims brought against the business
- Explore constitutional provisions on picking the right legal structure for your cannabis company
- Examine the use of multiple business entities and the deductions available for real estate ownership in the cannabis industry
- Identify key points on how to select a vendor and their relationship with the client
- Explore good contracting practices for mitigating risk of loss within your cannabis business transaction
- Examine the pitfalls and the signs to look for in establishing a successful vendor relationship
- Discover the balance between over-burdensome contracting and liability concerns
- Discuss types of cash management solutions for the cannabis market
- Examine the existing framework for choosing the best business entity for your cannabis operation
- Explore specific standards regarding the profitability and manageable risk of operating a cannabis business
- dentify income tax schemes that affect the cannabis industry at the local, state, and federal level
- Discuss basic terms and definitions for the types of insurance coverage schemes in the cannabis business
- Examine product liability insurance and the existing framework for choosing the best coverage for your cannabis operation
- Explore insurance compliance standards and the challenges ranging from legality issues to coverage deficiencies
- IdentIfy safety protocols and insurance policy language to protect your business
- Discuss cannabis law basics and the employers need to accommodate recreational and medicinal cannabis in the workplace
- Examine the existing framework for state and local regulations for employees and employers
- Explore constitutional provisions and standards regarding the representation of adult use cannabis
- Identify privacy laws and other regulations that affect how employers treat their employees
- Examine cannabis packaging and labeling regulation schemes that protect consumer health and safety
- Discuss FDA packaging and labeling regulations within the cannabis industry
- Identify uniformity standards for cannabis advertisement, packaging, and labeling
- Explore regulations for the labeling of product disclaimers with shared characteristics
- Examine the negotiation of real estate contracts in the cannabis context
- Discuss zoning and licensing regulations that influence the cannabis industry
- Identify state statutes and legal requirements for cannabis throughout the real estate industry
- Explore legal controversies between federal law and its intersection within the real estate market
- Discuss the role of environmental responsibility and sustainability within cannabis operations
- Explore environmental regulations and how they factor into legal compliance within the cannabis industry
- Understand zoning ordinances and various statutes that interplay with cannabis operations
- Examine the legal atmosphere between cannabis cultivation and packaging sustainability
- Provide a general background for intellectual property protection in the cannabis industry
- Explore the benefits of trade secrets that are protectable at the state and federal level
- Discuss how to protect your brand with limitations associated with state and federal trademark law
- Examine IP rights of affiliated entities and third parties that affect cannabis businesses
Compliance & Regulations Certificate Program
You have 90 days to complete this program
Average time of course: 25 hours
Time to complete course: 90 days
Extensions available if needed
100% online. Learn anywhere!
About Green Flower
The World's Top Cannabis Experts in One Place
The thought leaders who are shaping the future of cannabis teach our curriculum.
Cost-Effective Industry-Leading Training
Our programs are 100% online, so you have the freedom to learn from anywhere. You won’t need to attend expensive conferences or work around a consultant's schedule.
Green Flower Community
Every student gets access to the Green Flower Community, where you can connect and network with others in the program.
Green Flower training is utilized by many of the cannabis industry's most respected organizations.
- Are there any prerequisites?
No. This program is available to anyone.
- What's included with this program?
Online courses comprised of engaging videos and written materials, knowledge checks at the end of every module to assimilate your learning, private forum for students to connect and provide support, downloadable references to keep and access on your phone, and your official Green Flower Certificate (once you pass the exam).
- Can I take the program online?
Yes. Green Flower Programs are 100% online and can be taken from anywhere in the world.
- Who should get a Green Flower Certificate? What will it do for me?
Whether you are looking to enter the cannabis industry, get hired by a cannabis company, invest in the cannabis market, win a cannabis license, become a more knowledgeable advocate, better serve the patients in your care, or contribute more deeply to your organization, getting a Green Flower Certificate will make you exponentially more confident, credible, and valuable to the cannabis industry today.
- How much time and energy will it take to get my certificate?
Between watching the video content, reading the written material, taking the short quizzes, and studying for the exam, it will likely take you 25 hours to complete.
- How do I pass the course?
You'll need to achieve a grade of 80% on the final exam to pass the course and receive your certificate.
- What can you tell me about the final exam?
The exam is a comprehensive multiple-choice exam administered online. A grade of 80% is required to pass. Enrollment allows two attempts to achieve a passing score. You will have 90 days to complete both the program and the final exam. This is a closed book exam. Upon passing, you will receive your official certificate to hang on your wall and use for credibility and trust in the Industry.
- What happens if I don't pass the exam?
You will have two chances to pass the final exam with enrollment. Retakes are $69 after that. You must achieve an 80% passing score to receive your Green Flower Certificate.
- Is your program accredited?
No, Green Flower is not an accredited school and doesn't plan to be. We produce trusted cannabis education led and validated by the world's top experts, and our programs are utilized by companies, associations, nonprofits, and governments around the world.
- Will there be any mailed, hard copy books or reference materials?
No, nothing will be mailed and no hard copy text will be assigned. There are materials in each course that you can download, print, and use at your convenience.
- Can any module be visited more than once, to reinforce learning?
Absolutely! You can review any and all materials as many times as you would like in the 90 days (30 for Sell-SMaRT) your program is open.
- Refund Policy
We understand that sometimes plans change. If you can no longer take the course, please email us no later than 7 days after your purchase. We will be happy to issue you a refund (minus our enrollment fee of $20). No refunds will be given to cancellations made after 7 days of purchase.