Normal business functions like obtaining real estate, getting insurance, securing funding, making payroll, and even opening a bank account, are much more difficult for cannabis organizations.
The Green Flower Cannabis Compliance & Regulations Certificate Program will familiarize you with the laws and regulations that govern the cannabis industry in the United States, so you'll be able to keep your organization, your team, and yourself out of trouble as your business matures. The curriculum covers topics that are essential for anyone looking to operate a commercial cannabis business or take a leadership role in the space.
This program was developed alongside the world's leading cannabis lawyers and specialists to help you understand which laws apply to cannabis businesses, so you will be able to ensure your organization stays 100% compliant, even as the laws that regulate the industry evolve.
A Depth of Knowledge You Can't Find Anywhere Else
You'll Master Topics Essential To Success In Commercial Cannabis Compliance, Including:
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Cannabis Banking & Accounting
- Real-Estate Transactions
- How to Get Insurance in Cannabis
- Ethics in Cannabis
- Federal, State & Local Compliance
- Investment Law
- Regulatory & Licensing Law
- Industrial Hemp
- Tax Law
- International Trade
- Environmental Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Dispute Resolution
The Cannabis Compliance & Regulations Program covers these topics in detail, taught by some of the world's leading cannabis professionals. Additionally, our experts will use their deep cannabis industry experience to impart valuable tips and guidance to help you flourish in this blossoming new industry in a variety of positions, including:
- Cannabis Attorney
- Regulatory Licensing Manager
- Cannabis Business Consultant
- Corporate Development Specialist
- Chief Operating Officer
- Application Writer
- Legal Officer
- Director of Compliance
- Head Of Business Operations
Complete The Course 100% Online, From Anywhere In The World!
The Program Includes:
Operate a successful and compliant legal cannabis business
Legal cannabis is expected to create more new jobs in the U.S. by 2020 than manufacturing, utilities, or government. Medical cannabis sales are projected to grow to $13.3 billion in 2020, with recreational cannabis ballooning to $11.2 billion.
The opportunities in the cannabis space are apparent to entrepreneurs and investors, but the checks and balances that regulate this booming industry remain a mystery to most. Cannabis businesses are desperate for professionals that understand the rules that oversee the industry.
This program will help you acquire the cannabis compliance expertise necessary to mitigate risk to cannabis businesses and become a valuable asset to any organization you work with.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM TAKING THIS PROGRAM
Broaden your cannabis policy knowledge so you can provide valuable advice to your clients.
Strengthen your business against threats and foster a culture of compliance throughout your organization.
Attract new businesses to your firm and become a better advocate for all of your clients.
Add in-demand skills to your toolbox and continue your professional growth.
MEET THE INSTRUCTORS
CEO of 3C
Chair of Wilson Elser Cannabis Law Practice
Managing Partner and CEO
Founder & CEO
Michael J. Aberle
SVP, CannGen Insurance Services
"Green Flower is a wonderful tool that has helped us gain a much deeper understanding of the history, science, and benefits of cannabis as a medicine. Highly recommended for both individuals and teams looking for the highest quality cannabis education and training!"
"Green Flower Programs are immensely valuable to the cannabis industry. Even as an industry expert, I learned some things I didn't know before, deepened my knowledge in certain areas, and loved the learning process with all the videos, interactive materials, and quizzes. Whether you are looking to enter the industry or grow as a leader in your company, I recommend everyone go through this invaluable online cannabis training."
"We had people on our team who were new to cannabis and many who are experts. Everyone learned something! Now, as a business, we all have a set level of understanding of cannabis and its history."
- Identify the historical perspectives of cannabis including its entry into U.S. Pharmacopeia
- Explore a brief timeline of cannabis regulation and compliance schemes in the second half of the 20th century
- Examine the balance of federal powers and the issue of states rights changing the legal landscape of medical marijuana
- Discuss the legal advent of medicinal and adult use cannabis across mainstream society
- Discuss cannabis law basics and the legalization timeline of cannabis
- Examine the existing framework for state and local regulations of cannabis businesses
- Identify the rules of professional conduct related to the representation of clients in the cannabis industry
- Explore constitutional provisions and specific standards regarding adult use cannabis
SECURING STATE LICENSES AND LOCAL PERMITS
- Discuss cannabis law basics and the types of licensing for cannabis businesses
- Examine the existing framework for choosing the best entity for your cannabis business
- Explore specific cannabis compliance standards regarding the legal representation of clients and adult use cannabis
- IdentIfy licensing permitting schemes that affect cannabis businesses
CORPORATE STRUCTURE AND LEGAL PROTECTION
- Discuss the most common types of business entities in the cannabis industry
- Identify the need for protection from personal liability and claims brought against the business
- Explore constitutional provisions on picking the right legal structure for your cannabis company
- Examine the use of multiple business entities and the deductions available for real estate ownership in the cannabis industry
SELECTING AND CONTRACTING WITH VENDORS
- Identify key points on how to select a vendor and their relationship with the client
- Explore good contracting practices for mitigating risk of loss within your cannabis business transaction
- Examine the pitfalls and the signs to look for in establishing a successful vendor relationship
- Discover the balance between over-burdensome contracting and liability concerns
BANKING, TAX, AND ACCOUNTING
- Discuss types of cash management solutions for the cannabis market
- Examine the existing framework for choosing the best business entity for your cannabis operation
- Explore specific standards regarding the profitability and manageable risk of operating a cannabis business
- dentify income tax schemes that affect the cannabis industry at the local, state, and federal level
- Discuss basic terms and definitions for the types of insurance coverage schemes in the cannabis business
- Examine product liability insurance and the existing framework for choosing the best coverage for your cannabis operation
- Explore insurance compliance standards and the challenges ranging from legality issues to coverage deficiencies
- IdentIfy safety protocols and insurance policy language to protect your business
EMPLOYMENT RELATED ISSUES
- Discuss cannabis law basics and the employers need to accommodate recreational and medicinal cannabis in the workplace
- Examine the existing framework for state and local regulations for employees and employers
- Explore constitutional provisions and standards regarding the representation of adult use cannabis
- Identify privacy laws and other regulations that affect how employers treat their employees
ADVERTISING, LABELING, AND PACKAGING
- Examine cannabis packaging and labeling regulation schemes that protect consumer health and safety
- Discuss FDA packaging and labeling regulations within the cannabis industry
- Identify uniformity standards for cannabis advertisement, packaging, and labeling
- Explore regulations for the labeling of product disclaimers with shared characteristics
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- Examine the negotiation of real estate contracts in the cannabis context
- Discuss zoning and licensing regulations that influence the cannabis industry
- Identify state statutes and legal requirements for cannabis throughout the real estate industry
- Explore legal controversies between federal law and its intersection within the real estate market
- Discuss the role of environmental responsibility and sustainability within cannabis operations
- Explore environmental regulations and how they factor into legal compliance within the cannabis industry
- Understand zoning ordinances and various statutes that interplay with cannabis operations
- Examine the legal atmosphere between cannabis cultivation and packaging sustainability
PROTECTING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Provide a general background for intellectual property protection in the cannabis industry
- Explore the benefits of trade secrets that are protectable at the state and federal level
- Discuss how to protect your brand with limitations associated with state and federal trademark law
- Examine IP rights of affiliated entities and third parties that affect cannabis businesses
Everything You Can Expect When You Enroll Today:
- Access to all Cannabis Compliance & Regulations learning modules, each is filled with engaging videos and written materials created by leading cannabis experts.
- Quizzes at the end of every section to help you assess your knowledge and prepare for the final exam.
- Green Flower Customer Support is ready to take care of you, while you complete your course or even after you are finished.
- Interactive forum where you can connect and share knowledge with other professionals from around the world.
- Downloadable references to keep and access anytime
- Invitation to join Green Flower's online community, where we'll help you network with members of the cannabis industry and alert you to opportunities that fit your skill set.
- Upon passing the final exam, you'll receive a Green Flower Certificate that acknowledges your accomplishment and your credibility to the cannabis industry.
About Green Flower
The World's Top Cannabis Experts in One Place
The world's leading cannabis professionals teach our curriculum. The doctors, growers, thought leaders, scientists, and entrepreneurs that are shaping the future of cannabis will help you meet your learning goals.
The Freedom to Learn From Anywhere
Our programs are provided 100% online to give you the freedom to learn from anywhere on your own time.
Green Flower Community
Every student gets access to the Green Flower Community, where you can connect and share with others in the program.
Cost-Effective Industry Leading Training
Getting the training you need to succeed in the industry can be a considerable cost. Green Flower saves you money by providing comprehensive cannabis industry training online, for a fraction of the cost of traveling to training seminars or paying for private classes.
Green Flower training is utilized by many of the cannabis industry's most respected organizations. Earning a Green Flower Certificate will help to separate you from other potential hires, and be a testament to your dedication, knowledge, and credibility for your entire career.